OsiriX tutorials

SJSato

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello there,

Wonderful tutorial Dr. Mike! Thanks for sharing all that stuff. 

Got a problem with osirix in generating the the growing region. In segmentation parameters the box is locked to 2D segmentation (current image only). How I can select 3d segmentation(all series) ?

Thanks for your work.

• 3 months later...
On 9/17/2015 at 0:08 PM, Dr. Mike said:

FYI, I recently completed a tutorial How to Create 3D Printable Models from Medical Scans in 30 Minutes Using Free Software: Osirix, Blender, and MeshMixer. If you are using a Mac platform, this will show you how to create a medical model from a scan from start to finish. Enjoy!

I'd like to provide an update to this post. Embodi3D has recently released a free online service that converts CT scans into 3D printable bone STL files. It is soooooo much easier and faster than learning and using open-source software. You upload a CT scan file, input a few simple parameters and click submit. In about 10 or 15 minutes your bone file is complete and ready to download. The output file is error-free and read to 3D print. 

You can access this free service by using the link below. If you are interested in making bone models from a CT scan, I highly recommend you check it out.

http://www.embodi3d.com/imag3d/

Archived